About Me

My photo
Nick and I are so excited to have finally started a place for everyone to come see our updates on baby Makayla. I know that we have not been the best at keeping everyone informed but this should help. We are so happy about our newest addition to our family Makayla Rose Johnson and can't wait to share everything with you.

Monday, August 11, 2008

The last Dr. Appt until induction!!!!!

August 7th at 3:00 we had our last appt with the Dr. Of course Dr. Folkstad was out delivering a baby (such a busy doctor) so we had a L&D nurse do the exam etc but first we went and had an ultrasound to do a weight check on Makayla. The ultrasound went well my only question was HOW BIG IS HER HEAD NOW!?!? The answer as usual made me shudder lol. Her head is measuring a little over 40 weeks, now remember I am only 38 weeks plus she already weighs around 7 1/2 pounds! This reminded me why we are having an induction. If I wait around she will be 10 pounds and have an even bigger head lol. Otherwise she looks great! Her heartbeat was in the 140's during the ultrasound and she is really low in the pelvis and hard to see. After that I went in for my exam and sur enough I have progressed a little more. I am now 75% effaced and 1 and 1/2 centimeter dialated, WOOHOO. During the check Kayla started getting excited bringing her heartrate up to the 170's. I think she doesn't like someone poking her head like that. Anyhow all is well, Makayla looks healthy (thank god) and we are ready for the induction.

No comments: